vCenter Orchestrator identify permission problems

These days I had a strange scenario in a large customer environment. Every time I tried to start a workflow via SOAP from a webservice client there was an error. After regarding this in the vCO client I found out that every run from the external webservice client causes the action "getAllVMs" to fail. Disconcertingly the array "VMs" wasn´t filled by the action and there was no error message.

The error occurs later in the workflow because of the empty array. What the problem was? I described it here: http://mighty-virtualization.blogspot.com/2011/03/vco-internal-methods-and-authorizations.html

I hope this helps you to avoid the same problems :-)

NUC Lab Kit

Below are my thoughts for a vSAN nuc lab. Since I already have cables, not including them here. I ordered (and received by Nov 30, 2016)
3 x nuc, 3 x 32GB Crucial mem, 3 x Toshiba NVMe drive, 3 x Startech USB to GB NIC, and 3 x Crucial 1TB SSD. I've also been very happy with my Cisco SG300-10 so I bought one more since my existing one only has one port available. Each of the items listed here are linked below - all were purchased using the provided links below.
single NIC (See this post for details on using the USB -> GB NIC item listed below

I stayed with the i5 for the power consumption and form factor vs. the i7 Skull Canyon ;)

 

Search

Experts Exchange