Quoting the Infoblox press-release:
Today at VMworld® 2011, Infoblox Inc. announced it is delivering a fully integrated plug-in for the VMware vCloud® Orchestrator community. Working with VMware vCloud Director™, the integrated solution provides automated IP addressing and related management capabilities in real-time as virtual machines are created.
As a result, the Infoblox plug-in accelerates private and public cloud deployment, simplifies management and bridges network and virtual IT team silos by enabling automated assignment of IP addresses to virtual machines. Additionally, VMware vCloud™ Director integrated with Infoblox delivers cloud infrastructure resources on-demand to provide maximum business agility using virtualized resources.
Note the slip-up "vCloud Orchestrator"
The plug-in allows to:
- Provision systems in minutes instead of days with automated IP address provisioning for Cloud infrastructure and services
- Improve reliability with automated HA/DR for critical underlying network services
- Simplify troubleshooting and reduce downtime with real-time visibility into physical and virtualized network infrastructure, including distributed VM-based Cloud stacks
- Manage movement between VM clusters easily with synchronization of critical DNS, DHCP and IP address services
- Eliminate errors introduced by manual processes
See the full press release here.